Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Agggh!

I knew I would need this photo for a blog post.

Yesterday's emotion was frustration. According to SVSU's policy, I can substitute teach in my host teacher's classroom while I am student teaching. Yesterday one of my host teachers had a meeting, and I taught two sections of 8th grade math. However, my substitute teaching permit hasn't come through the system yet, so I couldn't officially sub. 

So, in the afternoon I called the alphabet soup name offices. The lady at the ISD said they hadn't receive my fingerprints from the ESA. When I called the ESA I listened to the pre-recorded message and then pushed the numbers for the correct extension. The phone rang a few times and then forwarded me to the pre-recorded message again. I repeated the cycle two or three times before I concluded it was impossible to reach a real person or a voice mailbox. 

Later I called the ESA again and was able to reach the person I needed to speak with. She assured me than my information had been sent to the ISD two weeks ago. After talking with her, I called the ISD. The lady there said she would contact another department to see if my fingerprints had been accidently sent there. If they can't locate them, they will have to send a request for them again. 

There are so many adjectives for bureaucracy. I am resisting the urge to be descriptive.

Did I mention that last week I had a conversation with people at the Registrar's Office and Financial Services at the University concerning a transcript request and an account balance error? And the week before I exchanged phone calls with the ESA because of a quirk in the State of Michigan's system? All of this for a substitute teaching permit.

3 comments:

  1. Homeschooling is so much easier...

    ~ Betsy O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you end up with an oversized headache?
    I'm glad all days aren't like that! :?
    Oh I love the cat picture! Now if pictures
    could talk...
    And by the way, here's a HUG for you Amy. I still want you to bring your camera to PA and visit me. We could spend all day taking pictures and talking and laughing and...
    You have a strong pull this way now with a niece out here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you were frustrated. Hope they get their ducks in a row soon :)

    ReplyDelete