Tuesday, January 18, 2011

One year later

Photo credit: Logan Cook
I tend to forget bad things. But I haven't forgotten the trauma of a year ago. My parents and seven of my siblings were celebrating my brother's eighteenth birthday when a vehicle ran a stop sign and struck our fifteen passenger van, causing it to roll. I've relived those moments and remembered the results of that collision every single day since. Over time the particulars may cease to be so vivid, but I don't think I will ever forget the emotions.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Amy, I don't think I'll ever forget the sinking feeling in my heart when I got word of what had happened. So thankful that everyone weathered the storm, and that many other HAPPIER memories occurred in 2010 to counterbalance this bad one.

    Again, please tell Brian we wish him a happy birthday today! Any special plans?

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember hearing about your accident and praying for you all. Many, many prayers were prayed on behalf of your family. Our prayers were answered.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also remember the moment that I found out about the accident and know you were not in the van and praying immediately for you. We are so glad that God was with all of you that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Though it was a difficult time for your family, I'm happy that I was able to meet you all.

    By the way, if my memory serves me correctly, I believe Julie is now allowed to ride a motorcycle. :)

    Monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha Monica! :)

    I'm so glad we could meet you too!

    There is some discussion as to whether Dr. Duncan meant 1 year from the date of the accident or 1 year from the date of her statement... but no one has offered me a ride yet!

    btw- Great Lakes is looking for employees for next summer. wanna move back to Midland and serve choc. caramel cashew to other fans??

    ReplyDelete