Monday, January 2, 2012

Cookies

My aunt in Louisiana sent me an email informing me that the stock of molasses cookies in her freezer, which she has been rationing for the past year, is nearly gone. I got the hint. 

Cooking baking has been on my to-do list for a couple of weeks. First I had to buy molasses. Then Judith gave me a bowl big enough to handle the recipe. Last Wednesday, I had a slow morning with my ESL calls to students in Korea, so I started mixing molasses, sugar and shortening... at six o'clock in the morning.  

Our friend Grace happened to be staying at the Cookie House for a couple of days on her way from Canada to Indiana. Later in the morning she rolled out of bed and popped in to the kitchen to witness my progress. "I don't usually make cookies at six o'clock in the morning," I confessed.

2 comments:

  1. Dear Amy...my stock of molasses cookies in my freezer is non-existent. Hint, hint.

    :-) Betsy

    ReplyDelete