Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Energy

Charlie, as is typical of Labrador Retrievers and adolescent males of any species, has a lot of energy.

I was pleased on Saturday when we finally wore him out. I had taken him to my folks' house for the day. Several different people took him for walks during the day, and I think Logan took him for a run (Logan was on the four-wheeler). Aaron's buddies, Dale and Eric, were up for the day, and they played with him. Then Charlie hung out in the shop with the guys. 

I took him out to the backfield in the late afternoon and let him off the leash to run. Usually he tears around in giant circles like a mad-man. On Saturday, he made a half-hearted lap and then came back to me. 

Ha! It took all of us, but we finally ran him out of energy.

3 comments:

  1. Amy...when is a good day/time to come visit you and Charlie? Email me and let me know...we head for Texas on Nov. 30th.

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun story..love the opening line.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad your entire family is learning to love him. Dogs are great company.

    ReplyDelete