Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bold

 It's good to try new things. It's good to venture beyond the comfortable and familiar.

My kitchen door needed a fresh coat of paint. Instead of choosing my Artisan White, I decided to experiment with color. I had painted the other side of the door maroon to match the trim on the house and I really liked it. So I decide to do something scary--I decided to choose a full, bold, intense color for the inside of my door.

With fear and trembling, I opened a pint of Mike's Marina.

I have to admit, I'm not completely happy with my blue door. But, I'm still glad I tried something different. Besides, I can always paint it again. 

2 comments:

  1. a little scary but good for you for being bold and crossing that line into that untried color range..

    ReplyDelete
  2. wowie! this is a must see. maybe someday when our schedules aren't on polar planes I can come check out this amazing door

    ReplyDelete