Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Dog-in-a-box

Charlie spent the night in a cardboard box recently. It was a pitiful sight when I found him curled up in the morning, his seventy-five pound body dwarfing the box. He had gotten his line tangled up in the porch posts and couldn't reach his doghouse.

He's pretty good at untangling himself, but I had purchased a longer line, which tangled more than usual. So, now I check on him before I go to bed to make sure he is snuggly curled up in the straw inside his doghouse. 

(And, as happened Tuesday, if he gets wanderlust at 2:45 a.m. and as a result gets tangled up, he just barks twice and I stumble outside to untangle him.)



2 comments:

  1. wow....he has you well trained...only two barks. I guess the box gave him reason enough to let you sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, actually, he got so excited to see me at 3 a.m. that he wanted to do something and didn't want to settle down when I went back inside. So he barked some.

    ReplyDelete