Thursday, January 30, 2014

Hair guidelines

I have very, very long hair, which results in life rules. They're life rules because they could make the difference between life and death, or at the least being scalped alive. 

  • never run the vacuum cleaner with my hair down
  • never operate or stand in the proximity of machinery (such as a PTO shaft) with my hair down
Then I also have some guidelines, which help to keep me healthy and happy.

  • If my hair is down, always check to make sure it is out of the way before closing the car door. 
  • When my hair is down don't roll the office chair backward and then stand up
  • When going to bed, tuck my hair safely above my head between the pillow and the headboard so I don't awake in a tangled mess 

Yesterday I added another entry to the guidelines list.

  • Don't stand too close to the hot stove with my hair down
Yesterday I was hanging some laundry to dry in front of the stove when I smelled a hot smell. I quickly stepped away from the stove and then looked down. There was a thin, thread-like pattern on the window of the stove. There was also the stench of burning hair. The damage wasn't significant (akin to catching my hair in a zipper), but still I deemed it worthy of implementing a new guideline. 

2 comments:

  1. oh boy. sounds like a good new guideline to implement :)

    this made me laugh

    ReplyDelete