I was very proud of my students. They created the language table for Passport to the World. One group of students created a multi-media presentation of sound clips of basic phrases in different languages. Another group designed a poster that answered the questions
- How many languages are there in the world?
- How many people in the world speak English?
- What languages are easiest for native English speakers to learn?
- What languages are hardest for native English speakers to learn?
The last group of students put together a handout to convince American students to learn another language. Here are their reasons
- Learn another language for more knowledge.
- Learn another language to make international students happy.
- Learn another language because not everyone speaks English.
- Learn another language to help you to get a good job.
I just love the second reason.