Friday, July 18, 2008

Reason #3

Why I enjoy running the blueberry farm
I don’t work during the hottest part of the day

We open the blueberry farm for pickers from nine to eleven in the morning and seven to nine in the evening. That allows me to be home for lunch most days and finish my dinner before I head back to the farm. I prefer picking in the mornings and evenings when the temperature is cooler.

Yesterday after we closed the blueberry farm for the morning, Julie and I had fajitas for lunch (everyone else was away from home).


Fajitas
1 chicken breast, cut into strips
1 tablespoon oil
1 yellow pepper, cut into strips
1/4 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/4 cup salsa
Tortillas and sour cream

Sauté chicken and oil in a frying pan over medium heat until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Add pepper, onion and tomatoes to the chicken and heat for a minute, stirring to prevent the vegetables from sticking. Add the salsa and heat until warm. Serve in tortillas with sour cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment