Sunday, August 3, 2008

Sunday

I love teaching Sunday school and was thrilled this morning to observe the coloring of one of my students. It's been so long since I've watched anyone scribble with crayons. I find it fun to do art projects with young children because they haven't learned that they can't draw or color or paint. Most adults believe they are artistically challenged, but, because young children haven't learned that is what is expected of them, they can display their creativity.
A young couple came to our house for dinner after church and we were happy to have the table crowded with family. It felt good to have the prayer start with Dad and move to Naomi, Logan, Libby, Brian, Betsy, Julie, Judith, Joel, me, Aaron, and finally Mom. This weekend was Joel and Judith's first trip back to Midland after Kaelyn arrived.
Kaelyn's grandparents, aunts and uncles especially enjoyed her visit. She's a pretty little girl and today she allowed her Aunt Amy take her picture with her eyes open. 

2 comments:

  1. I would love to sit around the table with you again. Been missing the dear special people we left in Michigan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Much to my delight,I just realized you have a blog. I will enjoy keeping up with it. Please e-mail me at jnicoleschultz@yahoo.com I will then send you an invitation to my blog. Thanks! Love, Jaime

    ReplyDelete