Unsweetened iced tea and a dessert table just as big as the main dish table--those are characteristics of the Gilbert Family Reunion that I anticipate each year. Here are some facts about our trip to southern Michigan:
- 300 miles. We left around 6:30 a.m. and returned around 11 p.m. (I'm not certain of the time because I didn't open my eyes wide enough to see the clock when I stumbled out of the van toward my bed).
- 2 churches. Raisin Center for Sunday school and morning service (we heard a special speaker from Wycliff Bible Translators) and Raisin Valley for the Truth Project in the evening (we met Brian, the new pastor).
- 17 Cooks and Bakers from Aunt Olive's (my Grandma's) descendants at the reunion.
- 1 crock-pot of sauerkraut and sausage (an unappetizing smell at 6 a.m.).
- 12 week old youngest attendee--Kaelyn.
- approximately 150 photos.
Raisin Center Friends Church