Monday, November 24, 2008

Sewing roses

Libby sewed on the last button Saturday and completed her latest sewing project. She fashioned a dress with a full skirt out of a rose print and then added a vest of a coordinating green fabric. Libby discovered she enjoys sewing and has made most of her own clothes. Naomi's sewing skills have improved in the last few months and she's sewing her own outfits as well. Julie and Betsy will probably pull their sewing scissor and patterns out in a few weeks during the college break. And I will admire their work and give them button matching advice and be thankful that I'm not the one trying to follow pattern directions. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you, Amy. I would much rather let my sisters do the sewing for me. Out here in Lancaster County though it's almost a given that all women sew. I really wish I enjoyed it, does that count for something?

    ReplyDelete