Saturday, September 26, 2009

Color tour

Michigan Welcome Center
Clare, Michigan

Amanda and I went on a color tour Thursday afternoon. It was a little early for the best of autumn colors, but we spotted a few brilliant yellows, oranges and reds as we drove. We also discovered a round barn, an old schoolhouse, and three bodies of water, including one Great Lake, on our drive. So despite the lack of color, our tour was a success.


Round barn
On 66, north of 10

Trees near the schoolhouse

Old schoolhouse
On 66

Lake Missaukee

Lake Missaukee

On 55 near Lake City

Houghton Lake

Lake Huron
East Tawas

Lake Huron
East Tawas

East Tawas

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a nice time! Fall colors are so pretty! My Grandpa and Grandma (on Daddy side) live in Houghton Lake(not in the water, in the town LOL)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting shots! I love discovering things, especially old things. My cousin, in Iowa, had a round barn when I was a kid. It was torn down a quite a few years ago. :(
    Excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you didn't turn the shots of the trees turning color into b&w :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Amy, for sharing such beauty with us. Hope to see the colors; this was a nice preview. My favorite shot is your toes in the surf--ah, simple delights!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Amy,
    I awarded you for the "Honest Scrap Award" on my blog...head over there to check it out.
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete