Thursday, January 30, 2014
I have very, very long hair, which results in life rules. They're life rules because they could make the difference between life and death, or at the least being scalped alive.
- never run the vacuum cleaner with my hair down
- never operate or stand in the proximity of machinery (such as a PTO shaft) with my hair down
- If my hair is down, always check to make sure it is out of the way before closing the car door.
- When my hair is down don't roll the office chair backward and then stand up
- When going to bed, tuck my hair safely above my head between the pillow and the headboard so I don't awake in a tangled mess
Yesterday I added another entry to the guidelines list.
- Don't stand too close to the hot stove with my hair down
Yesterday I was hanging some laundry to dry in front of the stove when I smelled a hot smell. I quickly stepped away from the stove and then looked down. There was a thin, thread-like pattern on the window of the stove. There was also the stench of burning hair. The damage wasn't significant (akin to catching my hair in a zipper), but still I deemed it worthy of implementing a new guideline.
Monday, January 27, 2014
Saturday, January 25, 2014
- Monday: new student orientation; SVSU closed due to weather; orientation postponed
- Tuesday: SVSU closed due to weather; orientation postponed
- Thursday: new student orientation
- Friday: teacher orientation; received class schedule and books
- Monday: Begin teaching class
- Tuesday: Classroom moved
- Wednesday: schedule tutors; begin collecting workshop proposals
- Thursday: receive another class to begin teaching on Tuesday
- Friday: redo tutor schedule; add first class to e-learning site
- Saturday: meet with another teacher about new class
- Monday: MLK day, no class
- Tuesday: receive books for new class; begin teaching; meet with tutors
- Wednesday: schedule workshops; begin tutoring; meet with tutors who couldn't make the meeting
- Thursday: design workshop flier
- Friday: add second class to e-learning site
Thursday, January 23, 2014
Monday, January 20, 2014
Saturday, January 18, 2014
Friday, January 17, 2014
Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Tuesday, January 14, 2014
Logan's project over the break was to construct a skating rink in the field behind the house. This would seem to be a simple task since that part of the garden floods regularly. But, Logan discovered that flooding it when you want it flooded takes a little bit of planning. However, after a couple of tries, he was successful.
(Sorry, I don't have any pictures of the Zamboni)