Saturday, September 6, 2008

One puzzle, six stories

Over the past weeks, wooden block and paint turned into a six-sided Bible story puzzle in my Sunday school class. Aaron cut twelve two-inch wooden cubes and Logan and Betsy helped me sand away the rough edges. Then each week, Daniel and I painted a Bible scene on one side of the cubes until we accumulated six Bible stories. Last Sunday Daniel took his completed puzzle home.

The puzzle provided a good review of previous lessons. Once I invested the initial time into getting the blocks ready and collecting the paint and brushes, I didn't have to do much planning for the remaining five weeks.

Jesus on a street of gold in our rendition of Heaven

Daniel's cousin Amanda on a medical mission in Haiti

The big fish that swallowed Jonah

We also painted Jacob's dream (with angles ascending and descending on what looks like a roller coaster), Noah's ark, and David's fight with the giant Goliath. 

2 comments:

  1. Amy's Sunday School class activities usually look fun! Daniel is a privileged student : )

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a creative idea! I might steal this one... :)

    ReplyDelete