Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Reason #20

Why I enjoy running the blueberry farm
I invest in lives
At least, that's what I tell myself as I re-sort quarts of berries, or grit my teeth as a teenage girl warbles country songs, or give a lecture after overhearing a verbal put-down contest in the blueberry patch. We've had some twenty pickers, mostly children, harvest 606 quarts of berries for us. Though the extra berries are beneficial, it's not that alone that convinces me the enterprise is worthwhile. It's the brief opportunities for sharing God's truth, such as when a teenage girl confesses, "I'm afraid to die."

I really haven't invested much--a few conversations and my day-to-day conduct at the blueberry farm. Though it's small, I believe God is able to multiply my investment to eternally impact lives. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What an excellent opportunity... That would definitely make the investment worth it.

    ReplyDelete