Monday, July 13, 2009

Lake Michigan

For the second time in a week I immersed myself in one of the Great Lakes. This time it was Lake Michigan on the west side of the state.

Mom and Dad attended a wedding on Friday evening at the Felt Mansion in Holland, Michigan. Julie visited one of her friends from college. But the rest of us experienced Lake Michigan at the nearby Saugatuck Dunes State Park. The beach was a quarter mile hike from the parking lot across wooded dunes. But it was worth the effort (besides the walk deterred the bikini crowd). The water sparkled as the waves crashed against the sandy shore. We splashed and squealed and soaked until we were thoroughly waterlogged. 

Photo credit: Libby Cook



Photo credit: Libby Cook


P.S. After a few complaints after my last beach post I resisted the urge to turn all of these images to black and white. 

2 comments:

  1. just for the record...I LIKE your b&w shots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a lot of fun.
    Amy, thanks so much for the pic CD you sent.
    I haven't had time to 'play' with it much,
    but I enjoy looking at the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete