Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Of Pilgrims and Indians

Photo by Libby
Our house was overrun by Pilgrims and Indians Thanksgiving evening. Carmen's girls wanted to put on a Thanksgiving play.

Shortly after Uncle Paul, Aunt Sandy, Jimmy, Carmen and the girls arrived we transformed paper bags and colored paper to white caps and feathered headbands. Then we scrounged up a bowl of plastic food, substituted the piano bench for a table and recruited a pianist. Our first performance was a success. After it's initial debut, we repeated our performance and transmitted it via Skype to Christie in Alaska. 

Aaron, Carmen, Joel, Amy
When we were growing up, Carmen and I often staged Christmas and Thanksgiving programs for audiences of patient relatives. We found a picture of Carmen, Aaron, Joel and me, posing as pilgrims one Thanksgiving. It was only after everyone left that I looked at the date on the album and realized the photo was taken twenty years ago when Carmen and I were Bethany's age. 

4 comments:

  1. I love creativity. It reminds me of my granddaughters. What a neat old picture! I can't find my favorite one of Aaron when he was a little boy...when I do...it'll appear on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun fun....and how quickly 20 years go bye-bye. Seems like just the other day!

    ReplyDelete