Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Gardens

One of the blessings of the Cookie house is its lawn. We have an acre plot lined with mature trees. The previous owners landscaped with rocks, flowers, bushes and ground cover. On warm days in the classroom, I can't wait to get home and discover what's in my flower beds. We have a line of daffodils along the south side of the house and another line in the front garden. But, my favorite spot is the garden just outside the kitchen window. There's a small concrete pool with an old hand pump. I've been rearranging rocks to line the path through the trees. When it's warmer, I'll try to figure out how to fill the pool. I also need to recruited a couple of strong fellows to transport my lawn table. Then Julie and I will be able to walk along our garden path to our outdoor dining area. 

2 comments:

  1. can't wait to walk your rock lined path to the lawn table....looks so inviting in green.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thing you have your RED snow shovel so handy...for all that snow that came today...
    Naomi&Betsy

    ReplyDelete