Sunday, May 26, 2013

Abundantly

When God entrusted the Cookie House to Julie and me, He blessed me abundantly beyond my expectations. Not only does the house meet my needs by providing shelter, but it also appeals to my longing for beauty.

God gave me a cute house, surrounded by trees, flowers, rocks and even water. I have apple, crab apple, red maple, catalpa and pine trees. My flowerbed are lined with rocks and overflowing with lilies, violets, daffodils, tulips, daisies, and flowers I don't even know the names of. My driveway is lined with lilacs, hibiscus, flowering cherry and roses. Every couple of days a new plant or tree or bush bursts into bloom. The air this week has been fragrant with lilacs and lily of the valley and I've watched cardinals and robins as they sing in the tree branches.

God, my good Father, has blessed me with good gifts. 

1 comment:

  1. Having only been to the Cookie House in the winter, I wasn't able to fully appreciate the beauty of your surroundings. They are lovely indeed, and should do much to fill your heart and your photographer's eye. All of God's gifts are good!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete