Monday, December 26, 2022
Thursday, December 22, 2022
Saturday, December 10, 2022
I brought back sickness from our trip to Canada in November, and have been slowly recovering. In the midst of fever, congestion and fatigue, the situation became desperate when I realized I had no clean mugs left (and it wasn't because I lack for mugs).
I managed to muster enough energy to load the dishwasher and a subsequent crisis was adverted.
Friday, December 9, 2022
Saturday, December 3, 2022
Thursday, December 1, 2022
During our recent trip to Canada, we took full advantage of the bakeries near where we were staying.
Over the course of the four days we were on the other side of the border, we visited each of our top three bakeries twice in addition to obligatory stops at Tim Hortons.
- Willow Cakes and Pastries, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- The cake and pastries (pictured above) were delightful
- JC Patissier, Thorold
- A little shop just minutes from our Airbnb where we picked up croissants and quiche; on our second trip we were too late to nab an Opera Cake (something we've seen on cooking shows but never tried)
- COBS Bread, St. Catherine's
- Brian gave the jalapeño bread, rolls and cinnamon rolls rave reviews; David was a fan of the sourdough
Wednesday, November 30, 2022
Atlantic Ocean, Hilton Head, South Carolina
Lake Superior, Point Iroquois Lighthouse, Brimley, Michigan
Pacific Ocean, Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
I was looking back through my photos and felt overwhelmingly blessed that I could visit so many spectacular places this past year.