Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Special dishes

My mom's table set for Passover
One of the homemaking lessons that my mom passed on to me (as was passed on to her by her mother) is that holidays, birthdays, and Sunday dinner are made even more special by special dishes. But, she also modeled that the people who gathered around the table are more important than the china that adorns the table. 

I can't count how many glass goblets shattered during Sunday dinner as we were growing up. But, that didn't stop my mom from showing us that we were special by allowing all of us to use her special dishes, though for awhile she bought replacement goblets from the dollar store. 

1 comment:

  1. Great strategy, Mom!:-) And I love that she sets such a nice table...lace tablecloth and all!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete