Thursday, March 15, 2018

Lifted


Tuesday was a discouraging day. Despite my best efforts, I felt myself slipping into a dark pit.

I've been following a daily Bible reading plan this year. Wednesday morning the first passage was from Psalm 27, where verse 11 reads:

I would have lost heart,
unless I had believed
That I would see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.

The next passage was from 2 Samuel 22. Here is verse 7.

In my distress I called upon the Lord,
And cried out to my God;
He heard my voice from His temple,
And my cry entered His ears.

This was followed by Psalm 91. Verse 15 says:

He shall call upon Me,
and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.

By the time I finished reading, I no longer needed to struggle to keep from sinking into the pit. I had been lifted out. 

3 comments:

  1. So glad you found the encouragement you needed in the best place to look for help out of a slippery pit. I will continue to pray for the doctors as they seek the cause of your pain. PS: I love the idea of the typewriter scripture and photo. As they say in baseball; "Good eye! Good eye!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love and prayers. May God continue to life you up through His Word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Been praying for you, for some medical answers and relief of pain. So thankful that God’s Word is living and active and has answers for every situation in life!

    —Betsy

    ReplyDelete