During our recent trip to Canada, we took full advantage of the bakeries near where we were staying.
Over the course of the four days we were on the other side of the border, we visited each of our top three bakeries twice in addition to obligatory stops at Tim Hortons.
- Willow Cakes and Pastries, Niagara-on-the-Lake
- The cake and pastries (pictured above) were delightful
- JC Patissier, Thorold
- A little shop just minutes from our Airbnb where we picked up croissants and quiche; on our second trip we were too late to nab an Opera Cake (something we've seen on cooking shows but never tried)
- COBS Bread, St. Catherine's
- Brian gave the jalapeño bread, rolls and cinnamon rolls rave reviews; David was a fan of the sourdough