Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Water softener

The water softener at the Cookie House gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago. It would cost over $700 to fix it, the repair man told us, and $1,200 to replace it. We gulped. It wasn't a question of going without a water softener, though, since our water is very hard. It's 22 (whatever that means), or in English major measurement, hard enough to turn my toilet bowl yellow in a week. 

So, when I remembered that my co-worker Colette recently had city water installed at her house, I sent her an email asking if she knew of anyone with an extra water softener. She had two. Saturday Dad installed our "new" water softener and with a little iron-out, my toilet bowl should again be white.

1 comment:

  1. that is pretty hard water! glad to read that you were able to get and install a replacement water softener!

    ReplyDelete