Thursday, May 13, 2010

Inspiration

Inspiration from the Detroit Institute of Art combined with a zeal for spring cleaning caused me to view furniture as a canvas Wednesday morning. As I pulled my nightstand out to wash the wall, I glanced at it a second time. Then I abandoned my soapy water to scrounge for paints and brushes. In impressionistic style I dabbed paint on the drawers. My finished product will never grace the Detroit Institute of Art, but it brings color and variety to my bedroom.




5 comments:

  1. That's lovely, Amy! And very impressionistic indeed! Did color-lovin' Betsy appreciate your artistic endeavor?

    ~ Betsy O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I'd take painting over cleaning any day....this is so cool I think I might be inspired. Did you use anything besides a brush? The Victorian-style lamp might need to find a new resting spot :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just used a brush--actually one brush. As Dad would tell you I'm not especially talented at cleaning paint brushes.

    What sort of lamp do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's probably the most beautiful dresser I've ever seen! I also like the lamp I would keep it on the dresser!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think if you pick one of the colors you used and want to stand out....and find a little lamp that color. Also was wondering if the drawers are interchangeable. My eye wants the pinkish-peach drawer in the middle flanked by the blues and greens...just wondering. My favorite drawer...not that you asked....is the middle one....maybe because the horizontal lines give that feel of looking off into the distance.

    ReplyDelete