Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Self-portrait

For Mother's Day I ordered 8x10 prints. Mom has portraits of all of her children on the living room wall. I'm ashamed to admit that the most recent were taken the summer of Joel and Judith's wedding (the same Joel and Judith who are now parents to two little girls). For though I take pictures of my siblings all the time, I obviously don't update the portraits on the wall.

I also ordered an 8x10 print of myself. No sooner was it framed and hung on the wall than it was voted off the wall. Nobody liked it.

It was cold and drizzly and rainy yesterday. By late afternoon I hadn't taken a single picture. I was desperate. So I hauled out my light stand, and my backdrop and the tripod. Then I focused the camera and set it on self-timer for self-portraits.



4 comments:

  1. The second one reminds me of Julie.

    Were either of these the ones voted off the wall?

    ~ Betsy O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the second one reminds me of twenties fashion....the first....I'd like to see in b&w

    ReplyDelete
  3. Carolyn is right about the second picture. It does look like twenties fashion. I like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete