Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Any good

I still appreciate the contrast between the movement of MSU's newest graduates, Joel and his friend Shawn, with the static positions of their professors.



"Why did I think that was any good?" I ask myself as I click through photos from a few years ago. At the time I was proud of the images.

Then, I find one or two that I still consider favorites. 

In a few years, I may scroll through my blog posts from this year and ask myself, "What was I thinking?" But, I hope, I will still find a few photos and a few posts that I consider favorites. 

Here are a few of my still-favorite photos from 2006.

The flat, farmland that surrounds the church building is perfect for sighting storms. Here the darkening sky and the movement of the leaves in the tree predicts upcoming drama. 

All I can say is this photo is cute. The tiny kitten could only stare in amazement at Brian's first horse, a stallion named Flash. 

Despite what Logan may believe when I inspect his fingernails at the dinner table, I like to see my brothers get dirty working around the farm. 

This image is one of my favorites because it is informal and black and white. My cousins, Matthew and Nathan, release extra energy before walking down the aisle at my cousin Dalla's wedding ceremony. 

2 comments:

  1. You have good taste, Amy, and a good eye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't gone back and looked at old pics with that reflective eye but I have noted changes in my scrapbooking skills. I like the idea-and being able to see growth-even if it does feel uncomfortable to see "before" work.

    The last shot is also a nice contrast because of the formal dress and playful pose.

    ReplyDelete