Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring

Before spring awakened on my windowsill

It's spring--I see tiny, bright green leaves bursting from buds. At least that's what I see when I look at the branches in the quart jar on my windowsill. The branches I see through the window still remain bare.

When Dad pruned the fruit trees Mom gathered the discarded branches and I stuck them in a quart jar full of water on the windowsill in my room. The warmth and sunlight awakened the branches and day by day I watch as the buds burst into tiny leaves with teeny-tiny white-pink balls in the middle. In a few days the teeny-tiny balls will burst into pink and white blooms.

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you to have wide windowsills. Newer homes don't often include this luxery, so I can't ever have things blooming by the window.

    Can't wait to see a photo of those blossoms after they burst forth.

    ~ Betsy O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love watching the buds appear...
    it makes 'hope' come alive!

    ReplyDelete