Saturday, August 1, 2009

Film camera

"There's a film camera like Dad's at that garage sale for five bucks," Betsy casually mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

"Does it have a lens?" I asked.

"Yeah, I think so. Is that the thing that sticks out the front?"

The camera wasn't just like Dad's Minolta SLR. It was a Canon Rebel 2000. I traded the owner five dollars for his old film camera and Betsy wished him well on his venture to raise funds to purchase a Macbook.

The camera did use the same batteries as Dad's film camera uses. So I raided his camera bag for the spare batteries and then shot a roll of film.

Some of my siblings suggested I resell the camera online. But in the digital age, a film camera is cool. So I think I'll hold onto the old fashioned camera and shoot a roll of film occasionally. 




The flash works.

So does the self timer. (It's nap time in the afternoon during blueberry season.)

4 comments:

  1. If you don't mind my asking, what is Julie cooking in that picture? Looks interesting!

    ~ Betsy O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie's making tortillas. They were delicious!

    ReplyDelete