Monday, March 8, 2010

Sunday school

"Everybody ought to go to Sunday school," Mom used to sing as she came into our rooms on Sunday morning to help us pick our clothes and find our shoes. "The mommies and the daddies and the boys and the girls--everybody ought to go to Sunday school."

This week everybody did go to Sunday school. For some of us it was the first time in six weeks. We drove through the country--past farms and fields and beside ditches with traces of snow in their shadows. Then we turned from the main road to the gravel road and looked a mile across the fields to the white steeple where we would have Sunday school.






5 comments:

  1. I trust it was a spiritually refreshing time for everybody! And I agree wholeheartedly with your Mom...that's why yesterday, even though I woke up very sick and nauseous, I prayed my way through my morning routine, clenched my teeth, and made it to church and Sunday School! And I'm so glad I was able to go...it was VERY refreshing!

    ~ Betsy O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It must have been a wonderful day for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see Betsy at the piano! Gathering strength day by day...

    ReplyDelete