Sunday, November 16, 2008

Prayer request

My parents' hands

If I could, I would cut November 26 to January 21st from the calendar with a pair of scissors and pretend those days don't exist this year. My memories of the past two Thanksgivings and Christmases are intertwined with grandparents dying--first my Grandma Cook and then Grandpa Nelson. I don't have any grandparents left and I don't know how our family will survive the holidays. Please pray that God will drench us with His love the next few weeks so that we can truly love each other.

3 comments:

  1. We will be praying, Amy. It is very hard to lose grandparents...they are so special! But God is good, and He has already prepared the holiday road ahead for you. Maybe your family could start a new holiday tradition, involving a special sharing time of best memories. It helps to talk about those we love and miss.

    Betsy O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely! Talk and share those wonderful memories, and don't be afraid to cry and laugh together - it will draw you closer to each other. And think of the great joy those loved ones are enjoying in the presence of Jesus.
    When I think of my mom and dad, my heart cries and rejoices all at the same time. I am SO glad their suffering is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Nov.26 is my birthday, so think of me and smile and remember the fun times, the giggles, the sharing we did in the ladies room.
    I love you, Amy.

    ReplyDelete